The purpose of this page is to answer those questions that frequently arise in the daily work of the Bedminster Township Police Department. Should you not find your question answered or you feel you need more information than was given, please contact us at (908) 234-0585.

1.  What are the phone numbers for the Bedminster Township Police Department? 

  • Main Police Desk: 908-234-0585
  • Departmental Fax: 908-212-7003
  • Police, Fire or Medical Emergency: DIAL 9-1-1

2.  What is the procedure for non-criminal fingerprinting (This excludes fingerprinting for firearms permits)?

  • Non-criminal fingerprinting, such as school employment, banking, real estate and etc., is performed for Township residents and those who work in Bedminster Twp.
  • There is no fee for this service.
  • The applicant is to provide the appropriate fingerprint cards and legal form of identification.
  • There is no appointment necessary.  Please respond to Police Headquarters on Mondays from 4:00pm-7:30pm or Saturdays from 8:00am-12:00pm.

Note: The Bedminster Twp Police Department is not permitted to fingerprint for immigration purposes. Contact the I.N.S. for the closest INS fingerprinting center.

3.  How do I obtain a copy of a police report?

The police department can provide copies of various reports as provided by law. Fees for reports are set by ordinance or statute.

To obtain a copy of a police report regarding an event that you were involved in, you may call Headquarters, or send a letter requesting copies. Be specific as to what type of report(s), and within what time frame, you are seeking. If you are making a written request, include a phone number. You will be contacted when the reports are available and what the fee is. Certain reports may take time to retrieve, and may require review and authorization from the Somerset County Prosecutors Office in order to be released. For police reports that are not motor vehicle (accident) reports, please allow for up to 5 business days for processing after the request is made.

In person or telephone requests for reports can generally be made Monday through Friday 7:30am to 3:30pm by calling 908-234-0585. Please call the Police Department to verify if there is a cost associated with your requested police report.

4.  How do I report a dead deer?

The New Jersey Department of Transportation contracts out the removal of deer carcass's from state and county roadways. If you want to report a deer carcass, which is along a public road in Bedminster, call the non-emergency number for the Bedminster Police Department at (908) 234-0585. The location of the deer will be verified by the police, who will report it for removal. This prevents confusion of multiple reports on the same deer removal location.

The contract vendor will not pick up a deer carcass that is on private property. If a deer carcass is on private property, it is the responsibility of the property owner to arrange for it's removal. 

5.  Is it important to clearly display my house number?  What if I don't know what the house number is?

House number should be displayed clearly. The house numbers should be visible from the road closest to their house. Seconds count in an emergency and easily visible house numbers will help emergency crews get to your house and your emergency sooner. Remember, easily read large numbers are best.

Don't know your house number?

You may contact the tax assessors office at town hall (908) 212-7000 or the police department,  (908) 234-0585  for assistance. Please have your lot and block number available.

6.  Can I apply for a Handicapped Parking Placard at the Police Department?

Handicapped parking placards are issued to people, not to vehicles. A handicapped person, with a temporary or permanent placard, may place his or her placard in any vehicle that they are utilizing when parking in a handicapped zone. The handicapped person must be utilizing that vehicle at the time the vehicle is in a handicapped zone.

The Bedminster Police vigorously enforces violators for parking in handicapped zones. Local ordinance (7-13), is subject to a penalty of one hundred dollars for the first offense, and for a second offense or subsequent offense, one hundred dollars and up to 90 days of community service.


The Chief of Police may issue a temporary handicapped parking placard to a Township resident. The temporary placard is valid for 6 months. The temporary handicapped placard is intended for people with temporary physical conditions, who should recover within the date(s) of the placard. The temporary handicapped placard application is available through the police department or the NJ Motor Vehicle Services. Your doctor may also have an application. The application requires that your doctor signs the application, and a $4.00 check payable to the NJ Motor Vehicle Services be included. The handicapped person must make the application. The application and fee is submitted to the Bedminster Police. To expedite your application, as the Chief of Police is the only person who can issue the placard, please call Headquarters ahead of time to arrange to see the Chief of Police, and submit your application.

The handicapped person may request an extension after the first six months if the handicapped condition has not recovered. That request must be made in person to the Police Chief by the handicapped person.


The NJ Motor Vehicle Services issues permanent handicapped parking placards. Applications for permanent placards may be picked up at Police Headquarters or through NJ Motor Vehicle Services. Applications and payment are sent directly to NJ Motor Vehicle Services by the applicant. The Chief of Police can not issue a temporary handicapped placard pending your application for a permanent placard.

For more information,please visit the NJ DMV's website:

7.  As a business owner, is it important for the Police Department to have up to date contact information regarding my business?

Yes. Please complete the Business Information Form and fax it to the Police Department.

Bedminster Twp Police Business Information Form